The word soup comes from French soupe (“soup”, “broth”). Evidence of the existence of soup can be found as far back as about 20,000 BC when animal hides and watertight baskets of bark or reeds were used to boil soups.
Assorted Cut Veggies – 1 Big Bowl (250 g)
(Include broccoli, carrots, celery, zucchini, tomatoes, spinach, and red/purple cabbage)
Mixed Beans (boiled) – 1 Small Bowl (100 g)
Ginger Garlic – 1 tsp (coarsely crushed)
Onion – 1 Medium (finely chopped)
Turmeric Powder – ½ tsp
Black Pepper – ½ tsp (crushed)
Lemon Juice – 1 tsp
Salt – as per taste
- In a large pot, heat 1 cup water & add onion, ginger & garlic. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Now add all the vegetables & cook for some time by adding in more water as required.
- Now add turmeric powder, black pepper & sat.
- Add in more water & simmer for 15 – 20 min or until the vegetables are soft.
- Add cabbage, mixed beans & lemon juice towards the last 2-3 minutes.
The choice is simple. Eat and Drink Healthy.